Salts Tennis Club are searching for volunteers to help with a number of areas as we grow the activities at the Club. We would welcome any support from members, parents, family or friends who would wish to assist with the organisation of the club. Positions are available for:
Website content reviewer
- Preview Salts Tennis Club website (http://saltstennisclub.co.uk), ensuring that all content is up to date and relevant to the club.
- Work with the committee to provide new material for the website.
- Research other sports clubs websites for ideas and put into place any changes to design / functionality.
- Seek advertising and sponsorship for the website.
Press reporter and publicity Position Filled (Jim Dyer 07804 896488)
- Research opportunities for local press and advertising opportunities (local papers, free papers, neighbourhood leaflets, radio, local businesses).
- Build relationships with local press reporters.
- Assist with publicising all events at the club throughout the year.
Sponsorship / Marketing co-ordinators Position Filled (Dominic Brown and Michael Bonner)
- Assist in researching sponsorship opportunities.
- Build contact list of possible sponsors.
- Build sponsorship letters, pack & club presentation.
- Help produce posters, flyers and club marketing collateral for all events.
- Organise distribution of marketing material (posters, flyers etc) to local schools, businesses, other sports clubs, and council buildings.
- Organise club apparel (T-shirts, Sweat-shirts etc).
- Build gallery of photographs of the club and it’s events throughout the year.
- Provide photographs for website and press.
- Assist with providing refreshments for parents at junior events
Gardeners, Position Filled (Helen Kemp 07948 796248, turning circle )
- Look after flowerbeds around the clubs premises and area,s by beer garden
- Organise rota of floodlights for winter tennis, men’s, ladies team practices, and external bookings.
- Publicise bookings on club notice board and website.
- Be point of contact for floodlighting issues, and interface with floodlighting maintenance company.
- Attend local Neighbourhood meetings to advertise the club
Junior Tennis Co-ordinator (Richard Senior, Head Coach)
- Work with Schools and Extended schools development groups
Fire Officer Position Filled (Paul Whitehead SJFC 07977 777853)
Ensure fire equipment is kept up to date.
Tennis Club Grounds Position Filled David Robinson Bowland Gardening ( club Gardener )
- Ensure club grounds and safe and report any issues to the Management Committee.
- Ensure details of what to do in an emergency are posted on club notice board.
- Ensure accident book is kept up to date.